On May 18, 2014, Tarak Ridge Mountain Run is happening at Tarak Ridge, Mariveles, Bataan. Its craggy landscape, sharp rocks, and steep location may have given rise to its name, Tarak, which is somewhat of a cross between ‘Tabak’ (hunting knife) and ‘Tarik’ (steep). There is a scenic, 270-degree view of Bataan which includes the islands of Corregidor and neighboring islands, as well as Manila Bay all the way to Cavite.
The trails of Tarak can be divided into two. The first part involves wide trails, at times dense grasslands that ends in Papaya river (a rest station and water source). Then the next part involves woodlands, steep trails in which you can hold on to branches and roots for support. This way leads you to Tarak Ridge.
This race is supported by the local government of Alas-Asin.
Tarak Ridge Mountain Run
May 18, 2014 @ 5:30 AM
Mt. Tarak, Mariveles, Bataan
– Deadline of Registration: May 10, 2014, 12PM
Payment thru bank deposit:
BPI S/A: 003253-2958-04
Account Name: Allan Gregor Bulos
– Send a copy of the deposit slip to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, gender and size of shirt written on it for validation and a header of “TARAK RIDGE MOUNTAIN RUN REGISTRATION”.
– Include Emergency contact person and his/her contact no. in the email. Please keep and present the deposit slip when claiming the race kit.
– A confirmation email will be sent to you.
Race Day Information:
* Starting Line: The starting line will be in front of Alas-Asin Barangay Hall, Alas-Asin, Mariveles, Bataan, Philippines.
* Mandatory Gear:
2. Hydration bag/belt for each runner
3. Trail food
4. First-aid kit
* Hydration Station:
The Hydration station will be located at the Papaya River (Km 6.5 and Km 9.5). No disposable cups will be provided, hence, all participants MUST bring their own hydration bottles. It will have natural water from the Papaya River, Gatorade and Bananas.
* Race Route:
The race will start from Alas-Asin Barangay Hall and will ascend via the traditional trail that will lead to the Tarak Ridge (turn around point) and back. There will be a marshal at the Tarak Ridge to record your arrival.
The route will be marked with RED RIBBONS.
Click to link: