After two days of intense search and rescue operations following a plane crash, Interior Secretary Jesse Robredo has been found dead.
An emotional DOTC Secretary Mar Roxas announced the development Tuesday morning. He noted President Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III personally called Robredo’s wife to convey the sad news.
We say goodbye to DILG Secretary and fellow LaSallian Jesse Manalastas Robredo (May 27, 1958 – August 18, 2012)
- ‘Robredo determined to finish term at DILG despite calls for resignation’ (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Philippines interior minister missing from plane crash (edition.cnn.com)
- Aquino’s Cabinet remains hopeful for Robredo, 2 pilots (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- US Navy rescue, salvage ship to help in Robredo search (globalnation.inquirer.net)
- Search resumes for Robredo, 2 pilots (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- US sends team to Masbate to help in search, rescue of Robredo, 2 others in plane crash (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Jesse Robredo : May 27, 1958 – August 18, 2012 (darcxed.wordpress.com)